As a 24-hour gym, West Conshy Athletic Club meets the needs of clients with vastly differently workout goals. Some clients join our boutique fitness club to train for weightlifting competitions and others want to tone their core in our group workout classes. We’ve found that there is one commonality between everyone who works out at our gym, no matter the time of day or fitness routine: pump-up workout music.
We know first-hand how an energetic, non-stop workout playlist can help you get in the zone for a productive and enjoyable workout. We also know the feeling of being stuck without a good workout playlist, when you resort to shuffling your music and end up listening to a Classical movie soundtrack on the treadmill. To save you from this lame workout fate, West Conshy Athletic Club has compiled a list of the best songs to add to your workout playlist. Since we’re a 24-hour gym, we have included songs for different times of the day and fitness activities.
Early morning gym songs
If you take advantage of our gym’s 24-hour access, you might be working out as early as 5 AM. At this point in the day, you need something that’ll wake you up, but you might not be ready for a crazy dubstep beat. It is also important to get some inspiration from your music to remind you why you woke up this early in the first place. We recommend these songs for early morning workouts:
- “Wake Me Up” by Avicii. We couldn’t resist adding this one to the list, given the name. This song is energetic yet calm enough for a pre-sunrise workout.
- “Good Feeling” by Flo Rider. The ultimate pump up song to leave you smiling all day.
- “Get it Started” by Pitbull & Shakira. If you feel sluggish at the start of your workout, turn this song up and feel motivated for the rest of your exercise.
- “On Top of the World” by Imagine Dragons. This one is all about positivity and perspective. It is upbeat enough to be fun, but also a good option for people who don’t love hip hop.
- “Dog Days Are Over” by Florence + the Machine. Another good, non-hip hop option that still gets your blood moving and your mind in the zone for a workout.
Afternoon fitness anthems
West Conshy Athletic Club offers group fitness classes during lunch breaks, and half the fun of those classes involve the awesome, high-energy music our fitness trainers choose. We have gathered the songs that pump everyone up during lunch break workouts and post-work trips to the gym.
- “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled. This song is guaranteed to be stuck in your head for your entire work out, but we think that’s a great thing. With a chorus the repeats, “all I do is win no matter what,” this song will help you bench that extra weight, complete that extra rep, and run that extra mile.
- “Harder Better Faster Stronger” by Daft Punk. This song is perfect for the mid-workout slump you might feel, when you’re getting tired and still have more exercises to complete. Turn this classic workout anthem up and feel confident as you reach your fitness goals.
- “The Greatest” by Sia. Another song that’ll make you feel like you’re walking on water, even as your quads and calves feel like they weigh a million pounds.
- “Work This Body” by Walk The Moon. This is a more mellow option for your afternoon workouts, but the beat will help you max your reps and give you a little pep in your step.
Night Owl Workout Songs
Every time of day at our 24-hour gym comes with its own personality, and we love seeing people pushing themselves physically later in the night. Whether you need to run off a stressful day or want to strengthen your muscles any chance you can get, working out at night can really improve your health and mood. Check out these recommended songs for the night owl exercise crew.
- “Can’t Hold Us” by Macklemore & Ryan Lewis. Perfect for the squat rack or the treadmill, this song adds power to your exercise.
- “Overtime” by Cash Cash. Especially if you’re working out past 8 PM, put your headphones in and blast this song to give you the late-night energy you need.
- “Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough” by Michael Jackson. This song might be a throwback, but it’s a classic for a reason. Throw this into your playlist toward the end and it will give you that final boost you need to make it to the cool down phase of your fitness routine.
Our Local Gym
West Conshy Athletic Club provides an elite gym experience for our members. Whether you decide to workout with one of our personal trainers or want a high intensity fitness class, we have anything you need at our gym. Come in today to check out our 24-hour gym facility for yourself.